A trek will be organized to Shamal village canyon to view the sunset on Christmas day.
The trek promises to take you some flat and some bouldering sections and a few climb up a rocky ridge trail which will lead to a sunset view that can impress the eyes and hearts. The village is just 1.5 hours from Dubai at the foothills of Jabal Jais making it an ideal spot to view sunsets.
Points to be noted for Shamal Village canyon trek:
- The meeting times start from 2:00 pm;
- The exact location will be provided through Whatsapp after registration;
- Everyone will be assigned a ‘bubbles’. Each bubble will start within 15minutes of each other;
- Shoes with a good grip and ankle support are mandatory;
- The cost of the trek is inclusive of a backpack, head torch, snack, water, wipes, buff, and mask. It is also advised to bring a set of these things along with sunscreen, hat, and wet wipes;
- Dress code: T-shirts, lightweight clothes, yoga pants/shorts.
This route is both family and dog friendly. Beginners are also welcome to join as well as experienced hikers/trekkers who are looking to go for an adventure for Christmas.
Organized by: UAE Trekkers
Location: Shamal Village canyon
Ticket price: Kids – AED 195; Adults – AED 260
Admission: 02:00 PM – 06:30 PM