The night sky will be filled by the Geminids meteor shower on 13 December at Wadi Shawkah.
Geminids Meteor Shower promises to be a spectacular event that offers the possibility of sighting around 120 to 150 meteors per hour at its peak. This is a noteworthy event for lovers of celestial objects and everything that is related to it. The shower gets its name from the constellation Gemini because the meteors seem to emerge from this constellation in the sky.
Event Program for the viewing of the Geminid meteor shower:
- A Brief About The Event
- Sky Mapping Session
- Telescope Observation
- Q & A Session
- While the venue is mentioned, the precise location map will be given after registration via email;
- Hard/soft copy of confirmation email and emirates ID needs to be shown for entry;
- Dubai Astronomy Group (DAG) paid members should bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request;
- Be sure to have warm clothing at hand and other necessities like water, snacks, mats etc;
- Masks are mandatory and social distancing will be practiced at all times.
Organized by: Dubai Astronomy Group
Venue: Wadi Shawkah
Ticket price: Children below 13 – AED 150; Adults – AED 200; DAG member – AED 50
Admission: 10:00 PM – 03:00 AM