An exciting afternoon in the small pockets of wilderness left in Sweihan, exploring the vast white Sabkas and bright orange dune crests.
**[The Distance from Dubai to the Meeting point is roughly 125-140kms depending on your starting point, plan your departure in advance]
DRIVE START 12:00 pm
Venue: Wedding Hall Parking behind Old ADNOC Sweihan
AREA: Sweihan Wilderness
TERRAIN : Big’n Vicious Dunes, Sabkha, Camel Farms
The drive will commence after a short briefing from the Marshals, Dos & Donts, etc. Second only to Liwa, Sweihan offers the exploring off-road enthusiasts a chance to test their limits. A bit on the longer side these drives require patience more than Throttle, needing to cover distances exceeding 70Kms before the Civil Sunset, make sure you stay safe and do not endanger other participants.
Important things to have/comply with before attending the drive :
1. Carry all necessary offroad gears preferably in a good condition.
2. Strict convoy positions and spacing is to be followed at all times.
3. Free play and Showing off is not allowed at any time during the trip, unless in a designated “Play Area” identified by the leading Marshal
4. Put on your Seat-belt during the drive
5. make sure you have car seat for your kid
6. Flag and Radio is a must
7. Inspect your offroad equipment’s and expect a check by Marshals before the drive
8. Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s)
9. You must have a valid Insurance covering Offroading.
10. Follow trip rules and club standards
Please read the following topics on the forum and register for the drive:-
Equipment that one needs to carry for offroading & Rules Of The Trip along with Disclaimer.
THIS WILL BE A DRIVE FOR ALL LEVELS. MAKE SURE EVERY ONE HAS THEIR SEAT BELTS ON AT ALL TIMES. MAKE SURE U HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS AT THE MEETING POINT AND YOUR CAR IS IN PERFECT CONDITION.
THE LEADS AND SWEEPS WILL BE DECIDED BY THE POSTING MARSHAL. MAKE SURE U REGISTER YOUR NAME ASAP IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT.
DRIVE REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED ON THURSDAY AT 6.00 PM AND NO REQUESTS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
For BEING PART OF THE INTERMEDIATE CONVOY YOU HAVE TO BE OF INTERMEDIATE LEVEL OR HIGHER. MUST HAVE ALL THE OFF ROAD GEAR TO PARTICIPATE.
All drivers are requested to obey club rules and respect marshals words. This is purely to bring us out of the wilderness… safely.