On December 12, Jaddaf Waterfront is holding ‘Down to Earth’ – an outdoor celebration for all things green and living.
Down to Earth, a first-of-its-kind function features a carefully curated and accessible range of entertaining, educational activities for all ages. It is set to be an annual program for Dubai’s growing community of gardeners, green-fingered enthusiasts, the eco-conscious and sustainability-aware. ‘Down to Earth’ will have tours, workshops, food, giveaways, games and more. This day-long event has multiple two hours’ slots, each with its own unique name and activities.
Different slots of Down to Earth and their unique events:
Early birds (10:00 AM -12:00 PM)
- Live reading of Cory’s Adventures: the Mystery of the Disappearing Soil;
- Desert garden tour with a specialist from The Sia Garden;
- Children’s workshop: Sketch your own forest.
Cacti (12:00 PM – 02:00 PM)
- Artist’s Garden Tour, an exploration of UAE’s unique plant and nutritional history (English);
- Children’s workshops like Create a postcard and make your own painting with soil and spices;
- Small Talk: Sustainable Farming Practices with Yazen Al Kodmani.
Sunflowers (02:00 PM – 04:00 PM)
- Talks about Mangrove Conservation with Ahlam Bolooki and the significance of the Ghaf Tree with Tatiana Antonelli Abella;
- Artist’s Garden Tour, an exploration of UAE’s unique plant and nutritional history (Arabic);
- Treasure Hunt for children;
- Adult workshop: From Naturescape to Tablescape;
- Performance: Once Upon a Garden;
- Adult Workshop: Garden Sketch;
- Critique Session: Garden Sketch.
Hummingbirds – 04:00 PM- O6:00 PM
- Artist’s Garden Tour (English);
- Adult Workshops such as Gardening for beginners and intro to Ikebana;
- Grow & Tell are the stories of eight plant enthusiasts about their passion and how their home gardens came to be.
Some pointers for entry to Down to Earth:
- Entree is free for all;
- Pre-registration of slots should be done as it is reserved on a first come first serve basis;
- Confirmation of registration must be presented upon arrival;
- Due to limited-capacity, workshops will require a separate booking.
Organized by: Jameel Arts Centre
Venue: Jaddaf Waterfront
Ticket price: free entry with pre-registration
Admission: 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM