Prior to the start of the school year, Abu Dhabi’s Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) has issued a set of new guidelines and policies to staff and pupils keeping the education process safe.
The government confirmed that the academic year 2020/21 will officially start on August 30. To avoid a new breakdown of the COVID-19 among school kids, there have been implemented some measures to operate under the new reopening plans and revised learning models.
• COVID-19 testing is mandatory for all teachers, staff, and pupils above 12;
• In the classroom, there will be allowed a max. of 15 students at any one time, with a min. a social distance of 1.5m between students at all times;
• All staff and students above 6 must wear masks at all times;
• Extracurricular sports and activities are suspended at the moment;
• Daily temperature checks of school staff and students;
• Break times will be alternating to encourage distancing;
• Students should be present in the UAE, at least 14 days prior to the school start;
• Individual schools will decide individually on chosen approaches when it comes to a return to the school schedule.
As previously was announced, schools can choose to operate at:
Full days — children will attend school daily as usual;
Half-days — children will attend half a school day daily;
Alternating days — children will receive face-to-face learning at school on alternating days;
Alternating weeks — Your children will receive face-to-face learning for two weeks and distance-learning for the remaining two weeks, every month;
Hybrid — A combination of the above.
Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2, also known as COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus which is causing illness in humans and animals. Most people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus will feel mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without any special treatment. Older people, as well as those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, cancer or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness, and require immediate assistance. Novel Coronavirus was first identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China, quickly spreading around the world. On early March 2020, the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic had officially started, becoming the defining global health crisis of our time. Today, it is the greatest challenge people have faced since World War II, worsened by subsequent lockdowns of whole countries, collapse of entire industries, and a major economic recession.