After long waiting, UAE officials announced that all residents stuck overseas can return to the home country. For all those residents, who are planning to come back to UAE, there will be needed to fill out a new form for approval.
Previously, returning residents had to fill out Twajudi form or an ICA form, now, it is required to complete the new form on the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) website, which is provided for “Dubai Resident Visa Holders” only. All other Emirates visa holders will still need Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) approval.
Following steps for returning residents:
• Find the new form via the Emirates website, which will be placed under a page named “Flying you back to Dubai” or access it here;
• Upon receiving your approval, book a flight ticket;
• To book a flight ticket, you’ll need Resident File Number;
• Every returning passenger have to bring a copy of the GDRFA approval when flying back;
• Every passenger flying to Dubai is required to complete a special health declaration form and the quarantine undertaking form. These forms should be printed, completed and handed over to Dubai Health Authority staff at arrival;
• Undergo a PCR test upon arrival and are required to quarantine at home until you receive your test results;
• Passenger will be required to download the Alhosn COVID-19 app;
• Returning residents must sign a declaration that they either have health insurance that covers COVID-19 or will bear any costs for treatment and quarantine if required.
To complete the GDRFA approval form:
• To complete the GDRFA approval form, there will be necessary passenger’s passport, visa and Emirates ID;
• Enter visa number, country and year of birth;
• Enter the country you’re returning from and the airport of the destination you’re arriving at (Dubai International Airport DXB);
• Enter your email address;
• Upload copies of the documents (visa, passport and Emirates ID);
• It will take you to a payment page, but it categorized as “Free of Charge”;
• Submit the application;
• The application will be marked “under process”, for which you’ll receive an email with approval.
Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2, also known as COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus which is causing illness in humans and animals. Most people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus will feel mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without any special treatment. Older people, as well as those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, cancer or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness, and require immediate assistance. Novel Coronavirus was first identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China, quickly spreading around the world. On early March 2020, the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic had officially started, becoming the defining global health crisis of our time. Today, it is the greatest challenge people have faced since World War II, worsened by subsequent lockdowns of whole countries, collapse of entire industries, and a major economic recession.