The initiative was designed to help those foreign specialists who want to leave UAE during the period when various measures were taken to combat the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. The UAE Government is committed in every way to help such workers by all means and to facilitate all the procedures for returning home if they express such a desire.
«Early leave» initiative was developed by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. Also, other official bodies took part in its creation, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority, and the General Civil Aviation Authority.
The rules that all companies must comply with if their employees want to implement the «Early leave»:
– Companies will have to indicate the duration of the leave and at the same time sign an additional temporary form for the employment contract.
– The next step should be to book a round-trip ticket for an employee who expressed a desire to temporarily leave UAE.
– It is emphasized that the contractual relationship between the employee and the employer must continue.
– The end time of the leave is considered the moment the employee returned to work and the precautionary period has ended.
– Work residencies for those who went back to their countries will be renewed automatically if they are expired even if they are not yet back in UAE.
Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2, also known as COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus which is causing illness in humans and animals. Most people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus will feel mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without any special treatment. Older people, as well as those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, cancer or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness, and require immediate assistance. Novel Coronavirus was first identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China, quickly spreading around the world. On early March 2020, the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic had officially started, becoming the defining global health crisis of our time. Today, it is the greatest challenge people have faced since World War II, worsened by subsequent lockdowns of whole countries, collapse of entire industries, and a major economic recession.